Cartoon Network

06 May 2015

RE: [DIY] LEAKY MAIL BOX

 

How about backing the screws out and putting clear silicone underneath the head of the screws? 
 
You could paint the whole thing with thick sealing paint like Duration from Sherwin Williams.  I think there a better one that dries like a rubber seal, but I haven't found it and it's probably REAL expensive.
 

To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 14:30:28 -0700
Subject: [DIY] LEAKY MAIL BOX

 

Other than purchasing an overcoat for my NEW mailbox, what can I do to keep it from leaking??  I've had it for almost a year and never noticed any leakage - until now. It has been raining and my mail has been wet on the inside.  It appears the rain is dripping through where the screws are attached to the top closure of the front flap. (Hope that makes sense.) I dried up the moister and took a screw driver and tried to tighten the screws. They didn't appear to budge, but I am hoping they did.  I have never had any trouble with a rural style mail box before.  (Probably NOT made in the U.S.A.!!)  Any EASY suggestions - other than purchasing a new mail box??  Thanks.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Ron Johnson <l0c0l0b0@hotmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment