Cartoon Network

20 August 2016

Re: [DIY] Flooring

 

From: 'oakridgefarm@gmail.com'
>Hi again, so glad to hear about the update on your house. Are you going to
>send some new pictures in?
--------------------

Hi Jan. New pictures - yeah, but we're so close to the end that I'm waiting
until it's finished, then assuming my photo manipulation skills are up to
it, will have before and after pics together. I'll let everyone know.

---------------------
>As for flooring we have a similar but different problem - we have concrete,
>not quite level etc and considered all the ones you mentioned. There is a
>"peel and stick" vinyl flooring, not sure what they call it, but it comes
>in lengths like wood, with wood grain pattern, different colors etc. You
>do need an underlayment if there is a chance of moisture. But like the
>name, you just peel the backing and fit it in place. Our first contractor
>suggested it, and recently my granddaughter put it in the living quarters
>of their horse trailer. Did it herself and I was quite impressed with the
>finished look.
----------------------

Yeah that's one of my options because of the non-level floors. Maybe it's
because I'm used to walking on non-level floors that I never noticed, except
for that one room...well, two rooms since the laundry room and the guest
bedroom are beside one another. One has to walk through the laundry room to
get to the guest room. Those two rooms were the ones affected by the
unsupported chimney which was removed. I do have the adhesive strip vinyl
planking in what's now the pantry. That room was originally the bathroom
and most of the floor was rotted out, especially under the bathtub. Had to
put in a whole new subfloor. I didn't worry too much about it because it's
such a small room and not likely to get heavy foot traffic, unlike a kitchen
or living room. I read good things about it, but have no experience with
it.

------------------------
>Since money is scarce right now, we will probably end up with a flat,
>industrial carpeting for the winter. Something that we can just cut to fit
>and keep it in place with the furniture. Can get it for about $400 and at
>least it would be warmer than this concrete.
-------------------------

Yeah, economical is nice. I'll admit that my carpet is nice to walk on in
the winter since I tend to either go barefoot or wear slippers in the house,
but it's a b*tch to try and keep clean. Might have something to do with my
two cats who shed enough to build more cats...lots more cats. I'd rather
have a smooth floor and use area rugs if I want warmer underfoot.

----------------------------
>Good luck, you've been working on this place for a long time!
---------------------------

Thanks. Yeah, It's been 6 years now and time to be finished. If nothing
else, I've learned a lot and will have fulfilled a "dream."

Sandaidh
sandaidh@atlanticbb.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Sandaidh" <sandaidh@atlanticbb.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (14)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment