Cartoon Network

30 September 2011

[DIY] Re: Critter in Attic

 

And if you are a collector, when you finally get up into the attic you should have a nice collection of rodent mummies.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Ron Johnson <l0c0l0b0@...> wrote:
>
>
> Let us know how that goes!
>
>
>
>
> To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
> From: mariannelee3@...
> Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:45:13 -0700
> Subject: Re: [DIY] Re: Critter in Attic
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Well, about a month has passed since I first submitted my post. The saga of the critter in Marianne's attic is on-going.
>
>
> Thinking that there might be a squirrel, I purchased a live trap. I intended to take it to work with me, about 17 miles, and let it go. But the trap was defective, the door wouldn't close, so someone was getting a nice snack of peanut butter and waltzing away.
>
>
> I returned the live trap and got the jaws of death, one of those heavy plastic traps with alligator-like teeth. After a few days of finding an unsprung trap that had been licked clean, I got real tired of the rodent soup kitchen that was going on in my attic.
>
>
> So, I've given in and purchased the bait blocks. I have extra-high ceilings, and I don't have a ladder tall enough to get me up in there. I can get my head and shoulders in the opening, but no more. Also, there are mounds of fluffy insulation everywhere. Finding dead rodent bodies is not an option. I'm just going to have to live with the smell. However, I've used them before when we had mice in the walls in another house we lived in, and the smell goes away pretty darn quick in our climate. It's hot and dry, and I'm sure it gets into the 100s up there even on our mild days. Mild around here is under 95.
>
>
> I checked on the bait, and after only 12 hours, it had already been disturbed, so I have faith this will do it.
>
>
> Marianne
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment