Cartoon Network

27 September 2011

[DIY] Re: laminate or tile

 

My thought is that, since you are renting (you said in an apartment), tile is way over what the owners may desire. Laminate is something that does not damage existing flooring (unless it is carpet which must be removed) because it goes down over a pad w/o nails or glue. Feasibly, if you move, it could be removed and taken with you. Durability and quality, not so much. They do make a real hardwood prefinished flooring if you look for it (and pay a premium price).

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "clean_boost" <clean_boost@...> wrote:
>
> I am wondering whether to put laminate or tile in my apartment. I like tile, BUT ... laminate may be easier to install and possibly cheaper. Plus the tile I have in another apartment gets grungy in the grout, etc., yes I know it should be sealed ... but my main question is this: if I get laminate, does it easily scratch when and if I move furniture to clean?
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment