Cartoon Network

29 September 2011

RE: [DIY] Re: Critter in Attic

 

DO NOT USE POISON.  Unless you don't mind crawling around trying to find out where that horrible smell is coming from.  Contrary to what some people will tell you, there is nothing that is made that will send the rodent away looking for water; he'll crawl into a nice warm cozy place and die.  Thus the smell. 
 
If it is a mouse (or rat) go ahead and use traps.  Check them often as they will eat their dead compadres and even if they don't, again there is that smell.
 
Check to be sure there isn't an opening big enough for a raccoon or possum.  They are as much of a nuisance and more dangerous, as they will be less scared of you.  Squirrels have been known to take up residence in attics, too.
 
The best way to identify it (without actually seeing it) is to find droppings.  That'll tell you the size and how many of them there are.

 

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "mariannelee3" <mariannelee3@...> wrote:
>
> I think I have a critter in my attic crawl space. I've heard scratching noises up there in the evenings and at night for the last week or so. I can't figure out how something might have got in, though, because the house is only 8 years old and the screens all look nice and tight.
>
> Regardless, what steps should I take to find out what's up there and deal with it? My situation is compounded by the fact that I have extra-high ceilings. I got on a ladder last night and tried to poke my head up through the access hatch, but I'd need to borrow something bigger than my 6-footer to get up in there. I also have a foot-thick layer of fluffy insulation covering everything, so obvious signs of infestation would be buried.
>
> This creeps me out.
>
> Marianne
>


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment