Cartoon Network

09 February 2014

[DIY] Odesa furnace heater

 

Greetings,

I have an Odesa unvented gas fireplace model CGEFP33NRB. It works flawlessly in the automatic mode using the two button remote however in the manual mode all I can do it get the pilot light to come on and stay on. The user manual states it will automatically ignite the burner in the manual mode when the pilot control is in the run position after the pilot is lit and stays lit.

This model has a small black box mounted under the burner panel and also a mount for the auto/manual electrical switch that is suppose to allow the unit to work with no AC power. I surmise that it's function is to handle the IR link and electronic ignition.

I think that the thermocouple is good as I believe it also is needed in the automatic (remote control) mode. Unlike old furnace or hot water heaters where the thermocouple lead was a copper tube this one appears to have one piece of wire connecting it to the black control box. I'm unfamiliar on how to test this thermocouple with a meter.

I might add in a darkened room and while in the manual mode I can see a faint glow of burning gas in a very small portion of the burner tube however when turning the control to adjust the flame the pilot immediately goes out.

Anyone with knowledge in this type of unit that can assist me?

Thank you,

Gene

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment