Cartoon Network

11 February 2014

Re: [DIY] RE: Odesa furnace heater

 


 
____________________



hmmm...we measure thermocouple output in millivolts not ma (milliamps)  is
that what you meant 16 mv?

if you know your brand of thermocouple it may be listed here--

http://srdata.nist.gov/its90/main/

which is a database of output voltages..

also...just as a matter of convenience I have backup thermocouples for
my frig and heater in my supply bin..becasue they seem to go
out at the most inappropriate times!!

If you know the gas controller model the mfg will know what thermo to replace..they
are cheap enuf I would get one eitherway..and if the original is good then you got a backup..

just my $1.02

R
Forever bonded We Band of Brothers
 
\

Ad Inexplorata; De oppresso liber


From: "multiuseguy@yahoo.com" <multiuseguy@yahoo.com>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2014 7:44 AM
Subject: [DIY] RE: Odesa furnace heater

 
Thermo output measures 16ma. Can't see any label on valve to see what ma. is needed to drive it.

When I jump the thermocouple with a short piece of wire while in the manual mode effectively divorcing it from the electronic control module I can get it to work in the manual mode.

When I jumper it with a wire that is the same length as the wires going to the auto/manual switch it will not work. I think that means the thermo is not putting out enough current to traverse the extra wire length? Assuming that I can see why the auto/manual switch is not functioning.

If that's the case I have not been successful in finding a replacement thermo.


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment