Cartoon Network

09 February 2014

[DIY] Re: Odesa furnace heater

 

I test thermocouples with a millivolt meter and heat the end of the
thrmo, it should produce a reading on your meter according to specs
of the thmo and.or gas valve controller.

Is there a connection for a room thermostat on the unit? Maybe that is'
not working in manual mode?  My wall unit is similar and works
flawlessly in both modes...weak flame to me says gas valve not opening
sufficiently but strange it works in auto mode...check voltages
on gas valve in both modes..that may tell you at least the problem
area....

Is this a new series for them? When I tested similar units at UL they
all worked fine...you may have to return the unit if still under warranty..
,my UL stint educated me that some units are just "stubborn" no matter
what the fix....but these were far and few inbetween...I would not
hesitate to return in and get a new unit rather than DIY fix...

Rich

 
____________________




Forever bonded We Band of Brothers
 
\

Ad Inexplorata; De oppresso liber

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment