Cartoon Network

10 January 2017

[DIY] Re: Good news/bad news re Samsung Washer

 

 

I think it is a 4.3 capacity tub.  I wanted a larger size, but with the larger tub come larger overall dimensions which would not fit through the door from the garage into the basement.  I have no trouble fitting in a king sized comforter.  It initially fills up the entire volume of the tub, but once the tub starts to fill the items get soaked and take up less volume, so no problem with washing.  Sometimes I put in the dog comforter and another dog sleeping item.  I do a steam wash to remove the bulk of the dirt.  I stop the machine a few minutes after it switches to rinse cycle (during a lull when the tub slows down to a stop).  Then I do a spin only to get the items fairly dry, separate them, and wash them in their own complete cycle.  I have read that too much bulk in a machine decreases cleaning ability, so I try to keep plenty of air space for the fabrics to tumble around in.  So far there is nothing I have wanted to wash that hasn't fit in there.

 

I bought the largest tub available without thought to cost.  For me, this is not a time to look at trying to save some money.  The $100.00 or $150.00 difference isn't going to amount to much over the 5 – 10 year life of the machine.  I have learned not to be penny wise/pound foolish when it comes to machinery that I rely on.  Besides, I found the prices to be very low for what we get.  We do not give away as high a percentage of our income for these appliances as our parents did.  Of course, their appliances would last 50 years, but it was still a pinch for them when they bought that first freezer for example.  The first microwaves were $500.00(?) at a time when that was a huge chunk of change.  So I try to keep a perspective when I'm pricing things.  Still, my high-end Kenmore turned out to be a bust.  It took me a long time to figure that out since I always think I'm doing something wrong when something doesn't work right for me.  I don't generally blame the manufacturer, but have been finding a lot of poorly made merchandise in the last few years.

 

 

Note to those with front loaders:  If you still have your manual, check in there to find out how to open the door after it has locked.  That's how I figured out how to add a forgotten item after the cycle had started.  I, too, was under the impression that once the door locked it was locked.  That's what the sales people will tell you.  Sadly, they are not necessarily well informed on every feature of every product because they have so much to learn and know.

 

Also, the (at least my) LG does not have a spin only cycle.  But if you read the manual, you find out that it does have a spin only, you just need to know how to access that feature since there is no dedicated cycle to it on the dial.  It took me over three years to notice that when I use the spin only I can also pick the spin speed.  Thought it was a fixed speed.  Live and learn.

 

 

 

 

CMH Dog Nurturer

 

__._,_.___

Posted by: <opinicize@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (23)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment