Cartoon Network

08 January 2017

Re: [DIY] Good news/bad news re Samsung Washer

 

I was thinking the same.  I have not bought a new washer since 1995, but always liked Sears Kenmore which is made by Whirlpool.  I have only spent $150 on repair parts on my current washer which is 21 years old.  Of course I did the repairs myself.  Nice to have old school technology w/o any electronic controls to complicate matters.


On 1/7/2017 10:03 PM, Dale Schoepflin dalu@hbcomm.net [DoIt_Yourself] wrote:
 

I would stick with a mid-line  top load whirlpool and be done with it.  They are not fancy but they work and last.

Flat_Land Dale
 

You may remember my disappointment with my new expensive top of the line Samsung washer last year.  I hated it, not enough water, the clothes twisted etc etc.


Fast forward, this machine is being recalled due to the fact with large loads, high spin, the top of the machine will blow off.  A little more detailed than that but that's the basic premise.  Samsung is offering a rebate to purchase a new washer, since mine was top of the line and fairly new, the offer is adequate to purchase a new top of the line Samsung.  Not quite so much if you purchase a different brand.  However, the reviews of the new Samsung are as bad as the old one, and Lowes is no longer selling that item.

So my question is, there were a number of brands mentioned that you were happy with, would you mind commenting on them again, and how you feel a year later?  I would prefer a washer that matches my dryer, platinum, but not at the expense of my wash anymore.  Thanks!



Virus-free. www.avast.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: David Cox <dcwired@att.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment