Cartoon Network

08 January 2017

Re: [DIY] Good news/bad news re Samsung Washer

 

Hi Jan. 

About  4 yeas ago I purchased the Maytag Bravo washer and dryer set.First time in our 42 yrs of marriage that I had a a matched set

I HATE  the Bravo washer. I am 5 foot 2 and  have a rough time getting the clothes out because the tub is so deep (top load)

This is an HE washer which means a savings on water. That is NOT why I choose that washer. I have country water.No  water bill. Another country friend of mine (who is also short) highly recommended it because she loved her set

Never ever before had I have spent this much on a washer.It was around $900.Figured it would last me the rest of my life

With very little water I often have clothes come out dirty.NOT supposed to happen.

As careful as I am when loading the machine, I will  sometimes have very twisted clothes. And other times they will all be wrapped like a covered tire. Yes I do put sheets in correctly but if one part is out of line I end up  with the tire.

I use white vinegar as the rinse in the summer. In the winter I mix it with softner. The area around the softner pour-in-spot has no paint on it and is just about to rust through

Is that problem caused by the vinegar? I used white vinegar  in my last washer too. no problems

The same thing is happening around the bleach pour-in-spot.

I hate this washer. Wish I would have bought a front load but didnt do that because people belly-ached about mold on the gasket around the door.







Joyce aka Mom aka Nana


On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 8:47 PM, 'oakridgefarm@gmail.com' oakridgefarm@gmail.com [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 
[Attachment(s) from oakridgefarm@gmail.com included below]

You may remember my disappointment with my new expensive top of the line Samsung washer last year.  I hated it, not enough water, the clothes twisted etc etc.


Fast forward, this machine is being recalled due to the fact with large loads, high spin, the top of the machine will blow off.  A little more detailed than that but that's the basic premise.  Samsung is offering a rebate to purchase a new washer, since mine was top of the line and fairly new, the offer is adequate to purchase a new top of the line Samsung.  Not quite so much if you purchase a different brand.  However, the reviews of the new Samsung are as bad as the old one, and Lowes is no longer selling that item.

So my question is, there were a number of brands mentioned that you were happy with, would you mind commenting on them again, and how you feel a year later?  I would prefer a washer that matches my dryer, platinum, but not at the expense of my wash anymore.  Thanks!


__._,_.___

Posted by: Joyce O <theoldhen@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment