Cartoon Network

29 March 2013

Re: [DIY] Flushing Water Heater

 

On 03/28/2013 11:28 AM, Ron Johnson wrote:
>
>
> I decided that now was the time to flush my water heaters. I have one
> gas and the rest are electric. I was wondering though, since the
> electrics are heated by an element and not from the bottom like a gas
> heater, do they really need to be flushed? I did get a lot of minerals
> out of them, but I don't know if that would effect the efficiency.
> Anyone have any thoughts?

The gas exhaust does not come in contact with the water, though
the flue pipe generally runs up through the water column, so neither
is purely heated from the bottom.
Heating water will change which minerals are soluble.
Its a reasonable maintenance for either type of water heater to
flush. I'd say its a much for the quality of the water, and
making sure the drain still functions as needed as for any
other reason.

A bit shocked and appalled when I had my water system
open and then flushed, just how much crud had settled
into various locations.

--
Dave Uebele (daveu@sptddog.com)

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment