Cartoon Network

28 March 2013

Re: [DIY] Toilet stain

 

Put a brick in the tank in the back to raise the water level - ? Then fill
with a lot of vinegar or bleach in the bowl to soak as long as possible?
Have you tried lime away? I am no expert, just some things I would try.

Have you googled it? That usually has something and I am sure others have
had this issue.
Good luck!
Kathy

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Uebele
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:05 AM
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Cc: snafflesnshelties
Subject: Re: [DIY] Toilet stain

On 03/27/2013 05:27 AM, snafflesnshelties wrote:
> The stain is just above the water level. I can not change the level of the
> water. I tried that.
>
> I have tried to remove this stain with
> The Works... Clorox... Zero... Whink Rust Remover... and I know have a
> clorox tab in the tank.
>
> I have been working on this stain four months. The rest of the toilet is
> spotless and stain free.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Joyce

One day I got fed up and used a single blade razor blade in a holder and
carefully scraped away the stain, just as I would scrape paint spills
off of window glass. Its more challenging, since the surface is curved,
and you want to make sure you don't damage the glazing, or it will just
come back worse.

--
Dave Uebele (daveu@sptddog.com)

------------------------------------

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe
send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Yahoo! Groups
Links

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2904 / Virus Database: 2641/6206 - Release Date: 03/26/13

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment