Cartoon Network

27 November 2011

[DIY] Re: Grilling Pork (Boston Butt)

 

I replyed to this topic here the same day it was posted on the group. I wonder why my comments aren't being approved or showing up here??

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, subprong <subprong@...> wrote:
>
> A bit off topic here. I'm going to be grilling a hunk of Boston Butt to do
> some pulled pork. It will be offset from the heat source, sitting over a
> water bath. I've placed a dry rub on the pork. This pork has a solid layer
> of fatback on it.
>
> Should this fat be faced down against the grates to help slow cook the cut
> of meat or should the fat be on top of the cut of pork so that it slowly
> drips down over the meat as it cooks?
>
> Should I be turning this meat throughout the grilling/smoking process or
> simply leave it alone and not move it over the 6 or so hours of grilling
> time?
>
> I have two choices for wood chips (to be placed on top of charcoal).
> Mesquite or Cherry?
>
> Thanks.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment