Cartoon Network

23 November 2011

Tri-Flow Lubricant? Re: [DIY] Sticky Lock, Not engaged

 

Larry, all,
have been on phone all morning, can't get the Houdini product, called a distributor, wholesale only and the 4 local lock shops they thought would have it, never heard of it. HOWEVER two of them told me to use Tri-Flow, which I can buy today.
Two locksmiths told me ok to put Tri-Flow in the keyhole, it's all they use; the lock smith that changes locks for my home told me about Tri-Flow, but said NOT to put in the keyhole, just use to lubricate other parts of the lock.

Since I can get it here, i'm going to, any thoughts on using it in the keyhole? Again, I will not be taking the lock off the door or any of those types of cleaning as beyond time and abilities.

Thanks everyone!
sharry

-----Original Message-----
>From: Larry Mek <larrysmail123@yahoo.com>
>Sent: Nov 21, 2011 5:14 PM
>To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [DIY] Sticky Lock, Not engaged
>
>
>
>
>
>WD 40 is ok for a temporary
>fix, and works ok when the weather is hot, but when it gets cold it will turn
>to syrup and gum up, and cause the tumblers to stick. Contact cleaner can
>flush it out.
>

>
>What is best for locks is
>what is called a Greaseless Lubricant. I have used several different kinds over
>the years. But the only one I have used in recent years is called Houdini. I
>tell folks it is my Magic-Potion. It works great for locks, and just about
>anything else that you would use WD 40 on.
>

>
>Graphite works good, but it
>is unreal messy.
>

>
>I don't know anything about
>the Teflon
>stuff, but I don't think I would put it in a lock.
>

>
>Most locks do not require any kind of lubricants. You should not
>put anything in a lock unless it absolutely needs it. Locks that are not
>exposed to the weather or excessive dust usually don't need any kind of
>lubricant. Lubricants usually just attract dust and cause more problems.
>

>
>Hope this helps…Larry
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment