Cartoon Network

24 November 2011

RE: [DIY] Gasline Additive

 

The reason for not letting your tank get below a half and the reason for
using HEET are related. Allowing your tank to get very low allows more
moisture to condense on the inside of the tank, and now with ethanol in most
gas, it draws even more moisture into the tank. HEET is a gas drier and gas
line antifreeze, used to be mostly alcohol (?) raises some interesting
questions doesn't it. Ethanol sucks up water, that is why you can't move it
by pipeline, it rusts the pipes, imagine what it can do to an engine, and
the production of it is energy negative, and it is the reason that corn is
about 6 dollars a bushel. I prefer to use Marine Stabil in gas that is
going to sit awhile, and seafoam in the gas tank.
ck

-----Original Message-----
From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of nan8136
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 9:11 AM
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DIY] Gasline Additive

I recently heard a commercial for Heet, the gasline additive. Years ago I
remember my husband adding it to our cars. I don't know when or if he
stopped. Now that he's not around to ask any longer I'm asking all you out
there. I have a 2007 Honda. I know they still sell it but who uses it? I
live in Wisconsin so it does get below zero. Would you use it when that
cold of a temp is predicted or at what temp or not at all?

My husband also got me into the habit of never letting my gastank go below
half. Don't know how that relates, if at all. But now it isn't as bad when
I pay $25 instead of $50 at the pump! It's mind over matter for me.

Nancy

------------------------------------

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe
send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Yahoo! Groups
Links

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment