Cartoon Network

24 November 2011

Re: [DIY] question - glue

 

I found a new glue in the fabric store last week that worked great.  I tested it with leather to fabric and fabric to fabric and could not pull them apart.  The best part?  When you laid the tube down, it didn't ooze out.  The name is Quick Grip.  Interesting directions - apply the glue, press the two pieces together, then to get an even stronger hold, pull them apart and re-press several times.  I was looking for something that would work without having to drive across town and gave this a try.  I used it on DH tennis shoes a few days ago that had a seam coming loose.  It appears to be pretty solid and unless you knew where I did it, even I couldn't tell.



On Nov 23, 2011, at 9:58 AM, Shaunee wrote:

 

I have a recliner with the arm seam that has come unsewed -   any ideas on glue to hold it together - I've tried Gorilla glue and leather glue to no avail -

the chair is old but in good condition & I need the seating when the kids come over -  TIA  Joyce in La.



Jan Flood




__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment