Cartoon Network

28 November 2011

Re: [DIY] Entry door lock - orientation

 

Hi...no, have not resolved it yet.  I'm pretty sure, that the "inside" door knob has only one possible orientation for the flat tab to go in.   I will give it another look.  Thought that there may be some other trick.


Puzzles me that "engineers" in one lock company could come to an opposite conclusion, as to orientation of the locking tab.  I MUCH prefer the vertical position to indicate "locked".

Maybe I'll call the folks at Schlage and let them know how I feel :-) 


Regards...RichK


--- On Mon, 11/28/11, Jan Flood <jan.flood2@att.net> wrote:
Were you able to get this resolved?  We had the same problem when we put a new doorset on this summer.  It was a different brand and the inside "lock" is horizontal when it's locked.  I could always tell at a glance when the previous one was locked as it was in the vertical position.  This one is smaller and rounded so the position is less obvious.  I have to check it to be sure it is locked.


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment