Cartoon Network

28 November 2011

Re: [DIY] Entry door lock - orientation

 

Were you able to get this resolved?  We had the same problem when we put a new doorset on this summer.  It was a different brand and the inside "lock" is horizontal when it's locked.  I could always tell at a glance when the previous one was locked as it was in the vertical position.  This one is smaller and rounded so the position is less obvious.  I have to check it to be sure it is locked.


We had the house rekeyed when whe moved in and all the doors keyed alike, only one key to worry about.  Now the new one has a different key and it's much larger than the other key.  I'm wondering how much it would cost to have this one lock re-keyed to match the others.  This key is so obviously a door key I don't like to carry it, and since DH has a habit of locking the laundry room door when I'm gone, which is the entry from the garage, I have to carry two keys in addition to the car key and remote.  Minor item but irritating for me.


On Nov 25, 2011, at 4:03 PM, RichK wrote:

 

Hi All,

Not sure I got the subject right, but it's as close as I can.

I have two entry door locks. One is Schlage, the other QuickSet. Both have key on outside and one of those things you turn in door knob, to lock from inside.

Here's my problem...both have to be oriented differently to lock from inside. One is locked with the center thing being vertical, the other horizontal. Would like to set both the same way, so I can tell, by looking if they are locked.

Makes sense to me, that vertical should locked, just like ball valves, and horizontal should be unlocked.

Of course, I could just install another lock, but that's too easy :-)

Regards...


Jan Flood




__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment