Cartoon Network

22 November 2013

[DIY] garage door jams

 

has anyone here used the vinyl trim that is about 3/4 thick for a garage door jam? I live in central Nebraska, with winter temps below zero, and sometimes reaching over 100 in the summer. I rebuilt my garage door wall, and now deciding what to do for a jam before the door is installed. It is a 10 by 7 door. I know some just use 2 by material and wrap it in vinyl or metal. I do not have a break, and getting some one up here for that job would cost more than the actual job. the plan is to trim it out in normal brick mold to match what the house already has. So I do not like the look of using a 2x8 for the jam on a 2x6 wall.
 
Thanks,
Michael

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment