Cartoon Network

20 June 2014

[DIY] Fence Pickets

 

Hi,


The cruddy fence that came with my house is losing pickets right and left. I'd like to replace them instead of putting back up the fallen ones, as well as replacing some others. Many are warped. Replacing the whole fence would be nice but it's not possible right now. My question is, what type of wood do you recommend? My choices seem to be cedar or redwood. I saw one that was stained "white wood" but I don't want the stain anyway. I live in central California where we have mild winters and summers that are completely dry with extreme heat. 


Also, I was told to use 1-1/4" screws. What diameter do I need? Galvanized? And can I insert them into the same holes the nails were in or should I drill new ones? The pickets aren't very wide, but I think I can get new holes in there.


Thanks,


Marianne

__._,_.___

Posted by: odddoll@gmail.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment