Cartoon Network

07 June 2014

Re: [DIY] multiplaz banter

 

I would rather have lumber, gatesor heavy made feeders than jewelry. One year at Christmas I told me husband I wanted  grinder for the work bench. A grinder that had a wire brush and a grinding wheel. I added that if he couldn't get mr that, not to get me anything. I got the grinder. The next Christmas I told him I wanted a vise for my work bench. I got the vise. He is usually  not very good at picking out gifts for me.





Joyce aka Mom aka Nana



On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 9:02 PM, 'carmen s.' mom2mini@bellsouth.net [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I always show these interesting discussions to my husband who is some what like Dale,  in that he has a knack for improvising.

Forty years ago he was working on an old Packard and used up most of my coat-hangers in whatever he was doing.. some sort of welding job.
I get a big kick out of tool discussions...
 carmen, who would rather have a good cut-off saw than jewelry.
~~~~~
On Jun 5, 2014, at 8:28 PM, Dale S dalu@hbcomm.net [DoIt_Yourself] wrote:

 

<Handle_1.png>

Here is a quick weld I did last year to attach a handle to an old morticing chisel for cutting roots.  Its a lot like gas welding but much hotter about 14,000 F and a lot quicker.

Dale in the Flatlands. "Why waste time learning when ignorance is instantaneous."
Dale S dalu@hbcomm.net [DoIt_Yourself] wrote:
 

Yes, I have owned one for about a year but did not get to use it much until lately because of the winter we had.  I was cutting 1/4 in wall square tubing just today and also made quick work of two propane tanks I will be converting into a "rocket stove" to heat my shop this coming winter, which is the reason for the heavy wall tubing.  Cuts are very clean as compared to an Oxy system, at least for me they are.  I've done some welding making a light duty anvil from old trolly car track.  Penetration is very good and I have been using clothes line wire for filler rod, also hard surfaced both my mowers but could only find electric rod so I just knocked the flux off and went to town, Tungsten/carbide would have been better but not locally available.  All in all my several other welders are and will probably remain drawing dust.

Dale in the Flatlands. "Why waste time learning when ignorance is instantaneous."
Mountain Master mountain953346@yahoo.com [DoIt_Yourself] wrote:
 
Hi folks--

I am wondering if anyone has purchased this unit...

multiplaz 3500

I know what is on the net,.etc etc...and there are mixed reviews
therefore going to the group to see if there is an owner of one,
or if possible someone knows someone with one of these puppies..
Dale has one of everything....this as well?? LOL

Rich


 
____________________




Forever bonded We Band of Brothers
 
\

Ad Inexplorata; De oppresso liber


From: Mountain Master <mountain953346@yahoo.com>
To: "DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:44 PM
Subject: stuck cookie pans


 heat bottom pan slightly on stove, put ice in top pan
so bottom one will expand, top one shrinks

R
____________________




Forever bonded We Band of Brothers
 
\

Ad Inexplorata; De oppresso liber


From: "Mountain Master mountain953346@yahoo.com [DoIt_Yourself]" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
To: "DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:41 PM
Subject: Re: [DIY] air cond. ground base?

 

hmmm..if the unit has legs it will be raised above the pad
anyway and the effect of moisture from the pad is minimal..
as a matter of course I compact the earth, put plastic over
the earth, then gravel then pour the concrete...40' drive
survived many years in the snow and rain of the High Sierra
so your pad and unit should be ok...if the unit has no legs I
would put some the unit on an steel or Al frame to fit the
perimeter of the unit and may need central support? Don't know
your unit//
R
 
____________________




Forever bonded We Band of Brothers
 
\

Ad Inexplorata; De oppresso liber




From: "john stuart johnandcarmen@bellsouth.net [DoIt_Yourself]" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 10:13 PM
Subject: Re: [DIY] air cond. ground base?

 

We need to replace the foundation under a whole house outside air conditioning unit.
Home Depot doesn't sell these and we have learned that a concrete base may allow dampness to affect the unit.
Would a sheet of plastic under solid masonry pavers be good enough?
Any other suggestions?
carmen










carmen stuart
Brightwood Aviary
Dawsonville, Ga.


__._,_.___

Posted by: Joyce O <theoldhen@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (19)

Check out the automatic photo album with 2 photo(s) from this topic.
Handle_1.png box trailer wood.jpg

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment