Cartoon Network

04 June 2014

RE: [DIY] Inline Dryer Lint Trap

 

Amazon.com 

 

Search for "Inline Lint Catcher".  Read the user reviews to get a better idea of which one worked for different applications. Several users encouraged getting a professional installation.

 

From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 10:42 AM
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DIY] Inline Dryer Lint Trap

 

 

A neighbor once told me he installed one of these and I'm hoping you can help me find one.

 

I have a gas clothes dryer in my basement that vents outside.  The run is maybe six to eight feet high before going outside.  It's a Maytag dryer maybe four years old.  The outside end of the vent exits near my patio door and I always see an accumulation of lint on the concrete under it.  The end has a plastic shield thing with something  like 1/4" squares on it.  I recently snapped it off and it was matted with lint which I pulled off then snapped the piece back on.

 

Do you know if there is some type of inline lint trap that can be installed above the dryer but in the basement to catch more lint before going outside?  I do clean the trap screen that pulls out of the dryer with each load of wash.

 

Nancy

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Bob Davis" <bob@wrobertdavis.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment