Cartoon Network

06 June 2014

[DIY] Re: Toilet Repair Kit / Parts?

 

Thank you both.  Sorry, I guess I didn't make it clear that the fill valve has been 
misbehaving too, to the extent that I have left the tank lid off so I can push where
it needs to be pushed to fill.  With that and the lever, I suspect that it would be 
best to replace the toilet's entire innards.

How difficult a project is this, for someone who has never done anything like this
before?  This is my only toilet and I'd hate to have it nonfunctional for the time it
takes to get a plumber in.

-=-=-=-

Posted by: "R Bynum" bynumo2000@yahoo.com bynumo2000

I agree, Fluidmaster has kits ranging from flappers to complete overhaul
and I have had very good luck with their products.

-=-=-=-

Posted by: "Ron Johnson" l0c0l0b0@hotmail.com ronjohnson_1999

I know Lowe's (so I assume most DIY Hardware stores) have complete replacement 
sets. But it sounds like you only need to replace the lever. Most hardware stores have 
that. I like the Fluidmaster fill valve but in this case any lever that fits will work.

-=-=-=-

Toilet Repair Kit / Parts?
Posted by: "Carol Botteron" botteron@alum.mit.edu were_koala
Date: Wed Jun 4, 2014 3:27 pm ((PDT))

My toilet's fill valve has been iffy for a while. Today the lever inside
the tank that lifts the flapper when I depress the handle broke off.
Plastic parts, probably pretty cheap since the toilet is only 6-8 years old.

The toilet is a Crane low flow and does not have a float. I can't find a
diagram of its innards but here is a similar one:
http://tinyurl.com/nld3lfz

I'd appreciate suggestions for a repair kit and/or parts that are easy to
install (I have never fixed a toilet) and likely to last at least as long
as the originals. I'll probably buy something from the local hardware
store; don't have a way to get to the burbs where the supply stores are.

For example, the Fluidmaster Universal Toilet Repair Kit
http://www.fluidmaster.com/complete-toilet-tank-repair-kit.html
is claimed to be easy to install and fit all brands. Would something like
this be what I want? It fits 2- and 3-bolt tanks; where are these bolts?

Any tools etc. that you recommend?

adTHANKSvance!

__._,_.___

Posted by: Carol Botteron <botteron@alum.mit.edu>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment