Cartoon Network

05 June 2014

RE: [DIY] Toilet Repair Kit / Parts?

 

I know Lowe's (so I assume most DIY Hardware stores) have complete replacement sets. But it sounds like you only need to replace the lever.  Most hardware stores have that.  I like the Fluidmaster fill valve but in this case any lever that fits will work.
 

To: doIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 18:27:06 -0400
Subject: [DIY] Toilet Repair Kit / Parts?

 
My toilet's fill valve has been iffy for a while.  Today the lever inside 
the tank that lifts the flapper when I depress the handle broke off.  
Plastic parts, probably pretty cheap since the toilet is only 6-8 years old.

The toilet is a Crane low flow and does not have a float.  I can't find a 
diagram of its innards but here is a similar one:
http://tinyurl.com/nld3lfz

I'd appreciate suggestions for a repair kit and/or parts that are easy to 
install (I have never fixed a toilet) and likely to last at least as long 
as the originals.  I'll probably buy something from the local hardware 
store; don't have a way to get to the burbs where the supply stores are.

For example, the Fluidmaster Universal Toilet Repair Kit
is claimed to be easy to install and fit all brands.  Would something like 
this be what I want?  It fits 2- and 3-bolt tanks; where are these bolts?

Any tools etc. that you recommend?

adTHANKSvance!


__._,_.___

Posted by: Ron Johnson <l0c0l0b0@hotmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment