Cartoon Network

28 October 2015

[DIY] Re: Stripping a 15 pane door

 

I couldnt locate my stripping gun so I used a spray stripper.Scraped off the paint with a paring knife and paper towels.


Sealed the wood, let it dry and stained it.

Not too happy with several very dark areas that showed up. there were also some very light areas that I reapplied more stain to.  I have not applied a polyurethan yet. Will wait until tomorrow. The door looks like an old door which is not the worst thing that could happen considering that we are changing out doors, trim and the floors so this old farmhouse will look like an old farmhouse.

I find it interesting that I have purchased 3 15 pane pine doors from Menards and all 3 of them have had weird stain problems.


__._,_.___

Posted by: theoldhen@gmail.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment