Cartoon Network

04 October 2015

[DIY] Re: Stripping a 15 pane door

 

Thank you Claudia. I did use the chemical stripper which was supposed to be washed off. It was a headache. Never completely softened the paint. Reapplied and still had problems. I have used it with success but that was years ago.

I have now removed the paint on the larger flat areas by using an electric sander and 60 grit which normal people would cringe over. I followed up with 120.

When I find my heat gun I will remove the paint on the glass pane trims with the help of a paring knife to scrape it with... and then follow up with 120 grit sandpaper.




Joyce aka Mom aka Nana

__._,_.___

Posted by: Joyce O <theoldhen@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment