Cartoon Network

28 October 2015

Re: [DIY] Lift Assist Hinges

 

With all due respect, this just doesn't make sense.  Force and torque are not the same thing.  Pounds/sq inch has no relevance.  Can you give a link to an example for what your are describing that shows a formula?  The formula you quoted is not one I am familiar with. What is the "width" term?  Why is it divided by 2?  Can you post a sketch of picture of what you are trying to do?  I get the feeling your analysis of capacities needed is not based on a proper model of how to calculate the forces.


Bob
On Oct 27, 2015, at 3:46 PM, subprong subprong@gmail.com [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Bob, I think I'm using the correct term but perhaps not.  As I've been researching these devices, I've seen a formula given with several products.  The formula is to basically determine how much force or torque your item needs in order to lift it so that you can compare it to the pound rating for the hinges.  The formula is weight (pounds) x (TIMES) width (inches) (front to back) / (DIVIDED BY) 2 . What I need is between 1000-2000.  The highest I've seen in-store is about 100 per hinge.  

__._,_.___

Posted by: Bob Davis <bob@wrobertdavis.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment