Cartoon Network

13 October 2015

[DIY] Wiring

 


Could someone please help with a UK wiring question?


I would like to fit a 2kw heater in my bathroom.  I have an immersion heater point that has never been used since the house was built in the 1980's.  I intended to replace the blanking plate with a 13amp socket.  Behind the blanking plate - as expected - were two unconnected wires.  Given that this is wiring for an immersion heater I expected heavy wires.  However, while one looks like the wire used for a ring main the other seems much thinner.  It looks like something that should only be used in a lighting circuit. Can this be right?  

__._,_.___

Posted by: silver.wolf@sky.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment