Cartoon Network

04 October 2015

Re: [DIY] Re: Running Electricity to shed

 

My reason for using THHN is that it is easier to pull thru the conduit than romex with the extra outer jacket.  Also, romex will require a larger conduit. Price?  about the same.

On 10/3/2015 10:00 AM, 2scott@bellsouth.net [DoIt_Yourself] wrote:
 

Why would you elect to use the THNN single conductor wires?     Are they cheaper than romex

same guage and number of wires ?       When the romex is enclosed in the conduit and buried
at proper depth underground..... can you use the cheaper indoor NMB romex or do you have to still use
the more expensive outdoors romex ?

To the original poster,  you can buy some time till you figure it all out by simply buying
a 100 ft 12ga extension cord for around $65 at WalMart ( I think I saw one for that price
the other day )    Just run the extension cord for your lights and heater and make sure
that is all the amps (20) you will need.

This thread is about what I have been wanting to do for a few years with my shed out back
but the extension cord is too easy compared to digging that deep trench and filling it back
in and spending all that money etc.    PLUS,  if I need to borrow an extension cord I know
where I can find one quickly.

In fact, I saw a 10 ga 100 ft extension cord at Lowes the other day and I almost wish I had
bought the 10ga extension cord.     I do own a fifty footer 10ga extension cord that I use
mostly for my power tools.

__._,_.___

Posted by: David Cox <dcwired@att.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment