Cartoon Network

18 November 2012

[DIY] Re: Exhaust Fan for Bathroom- sone rating

 

LOL I guess there is a positive side to everything. The building contractor I work for (as an electrian) always fully insulates the bathrooms for noise control. Maybe a noisy fan is what Archie Bunker needed in his "reading room". Remember, you could here him flushing from the living room.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "Aki" <01dyna@...> wrote:
>
> LOL. Ok, is it just me or am I the only person that *prefers* a fan that
> creates a little noise?
>
>
>
> You know...to kinda mask any...uh.. noises...especially if the bathroom is
> near the kitchen/living room areas where people tend to congregate during
> get togethers.
>
>
>
> -aki
>
>
>
>
>
> From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com]
> On Behalf Of Ron Johnson
> Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2012 8:11 AM
> To: YahooGroup DIY
> Subject: RE: [DIY] Re: Exhaust Fan for Bathroom- sone rating
>
>
>
>
>
> I've installed several and always kept it at 1.5 sones but noticed one
> thing: it's real quiet till I vent it outside. I might be doing something
> wrong, but I'm wondering how you hook it up: metal or plastic vent? I'm
> wondering if I'm doing something that restricts the air flow (I do trim the
> plastic vent that comes with the outside connection so there are no kinks).
>
>
> _____
>
> To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
> From: wiredformen@...
> Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 13:03:06 +0000
> Subject: [DIY] Re: Exhaust Fan for Bathroom
>
>
>
> You will need an electrician and someone to repair the wallboard. Also, it
> will need to be vented outside. Ventless fans will control odor, but do
> nothing for the moisture. Buy a fan with a cfm rating slightly greater than
> the sq. ft. of the room with an 8 ft. ceiling.
> Anything less will do no good for the moisture.
> Look for the sone rating for noise. Get one with a sone rating under 2. Why
> have a $25 fan you never use because it is noisy? Expect to pay just under
> $100 and you will never notice it is running. My favorite brand is
> Panosonic. Yes, Panosonic IS "just slightly ahead of out time". Look on EBAY
> for good bargains.
>
> --- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:DoIt_Yourself%40yahoogroups.com> , "rhondadenbigh"
> <rhondaroloff@> wrote:
> >
> > I live in a 2 story brick home. I have 2 bathrooms side by side on the 1st
> floor that do not have exhaust fans. I want to have them installed but do
> not know who to even call. We are new to the house. I am starting to see
> signs of mold on the walls near the shower. Is this a construction fix or an
> aftermarket type product? Thanks for any support with this question.
> >
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment