Cartoon Network

18 November 2012

Re: [DIY] Insulate garage door

 

We are in south Florida. I always assumed they were for carbon monoxide. If we forget to keep an eye on the screens on the vents, field mice and rats will get into the garage.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "wired" <wiredformen@...> wrote:
>
> Here in Texas I have not seen these vents either. In auto repair shops I have seen a port in the overhead door to place a hose from the car's tailpipe to the port to allow running the car.
> As to carbon monoxide, this happens when the car is running in an enclosed area and all of the oxygen is depleted. Any car will emit this gas then.
>
> --- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, bob@ wrote:
> >
> > Funny - None of my garages ever had a wall vent. I guess its not
> > something that is a problem in my area. What are the sources of carbon
> > monoxide that are of concern? Modern cars don't put out enough to be
> > a problem. I'm alluding to the possibility that you may be able to
> > just close off the vents.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (13)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment