Cartoon Network

18 November 2012

RE: [DIY] Re: Exhaust Fan for Bathroom- sone rating

 

I've installed several and always kept it at 1.5 sones but noticed one thing:  it's real quiet till I vent it outside.  I might be doing something wrong, but I'm wondering how you hook it up: metal or plastic vent?  I'm wondering if I'm doing something that restricts the air flow (I do trim the plastic vent that comes with the outside connection so there are no kinks).
 

To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
From: wiredformen@yahoo.com
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 13:03:06 +0000
Subject: [DIY] Re: Exhaust Fan for Bathroom

 
You will need an electrician and someone to repair the wallboard. Also, it will need to be vented outside. Ventless fans will control odor, but do nothing for the moisture. Buy a fan with a cfm rating slightly greater than the sq. ft. of the room with an 8 ft. ceiling.
Anything less will do no good for the moisture.
Look for the sone rating for noise. Get one with a sone rating under 2. Why have a $25 fan you never use because it is noisy? Expect to pay just under $100 and you will never notice it is running. My favorite brand is Panosonic. Yes, Panosonic IS "just slightly ahead of out time". Look on EBAY for good bargains.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "rhondadenbigh" <rhondaroloff@...> wrote:
>
> I live in a 2 story brick home. I have 2 bathrooms side by side on the 1st floor that do not have exhaust fans. I want to have them installed but do not know who to even call. We are new to the house. I am starting to see signs of mold on the walls near the shower. Is this a construction fix or an aftermarket type product? Thanks for any support with this question.
>


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment