Cartoon Network

29 November 2012

Re: [DIY] RE: Jan/ DIY lawn art

 

Jan, how small are the paper pieces for the papercrete?

I also am looking into some fiber pieces to give more stability to the lighter mixture ratio of these containers. 
I'm having a lot of fun with this. I have been bringing the curing pieces in the house at night as we are into some freezing nights now.
I've thought about the Sculpy additions and will give those a try.
I'm asking for rubber mold making material for Xmas this year. 
carmen
~~~~

On Nov 28, 2012, at 11:04 PM, Jan Flood wrote:

 

Carmen I've done lots of hypertufa, are you thinking of 3-d figures attached to the pots?  Things like lizards? What size?  You can adjust the proportions of ingredients to make a firmer mix and mold free form items.  You could also use molding plaster, polymer clay etc to make the figures then attach them to the dried pot but not sure what kind of "glue" would last. You might have luck sticking them on while the pot is still wet, using a slurry.   I assume you'll be leaving these outside to weather.  Papercrete is similar to hypertufa, the dried pots are very light and can be colored using concrete coloring.  


On Nov 28, 2012, at 11:57 AM, carmen30534 wrote:

 

Dale, or anyone,
I am messing around trying to make some fun things for the garden. I'm exploring hypertufa.
I'd like to add some free-form critters to the pots I am making. Is there something I can add to cement to make it moldable? Is there another powdered product that adapts to that sort of integrity with the hypertufa compound?
Is this the right group for that?  
carmen



carmen stuart
Brightwood Aviary
Dawsonville, Ga.
770  889-0353

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment