Cartoon Network

22 April 2013

[DIY] Re: refrigerator freezer

 

Posted by: "Salvatore" silver_fox_08@yahoo.com

> I'm having a problem with my freezer. I don't know
> if it's to cold or not cold enough.

> I have a thermoneter and it reads 20 degrees.

Hi Salvatore;

20°F is way too warm, for a freezer. It should be
down around 0°F, or even colder (-5°F) if you use
it for long-term meat storage.

> I replaced the bad food and still getting ice crystal's
> in the bags.

You may also may have an air circulation problem,
though normal temperature variations are dangerous
(for food getting too warm) at such a high freezer
temperature.

> I know that a freezer should be at 0 degrees and
> the ref about 38 to 40.

Good.

> Where i live i guess they don't want to give a new ref.
> I keep telling them something is not right. i have even
> double bag my food.

Is this a combi fridge/freezer, in a rental?
Is it set as cold as it will go?

-Laren Corie-
Natural Solar Building Design and
Solar Heating/Natural Cooling/Energy
Efficiency Consultation Since 1975
www.ThermalAttic.com (many new
photos and pages, coming soon)

Read my Solar house design articles in:
-Energy Self-Sufficiency Newsletter-
www.essnmag.com

Home base-LittleHouses YahooGroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LittleHouses/

Founder-WoodGas - Power from wood
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WoodGas

Founder-RefrigeratorAlternatives YahooGroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RefrigeratorAlternatives

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment