Cartoon Network

09 May 2013

[DIY] Darkend Oak Floor from Being Wet

 

I found almost black oak hardwood flooring under my brothers cat litter box last December. The litter box was sitting on a throw rug and the cat's rear end was too close to the front of the litter box and she either squirted urine over the side, or the top wasnt secured to the bottom and allowed uring to seep through.

I moved the litter box, washed and dried the throw rug and set them over a huge garbage bag.

The floor was BLACK where it had gotten wet. Over the course of several weeks it returned to the natural color.

This winter I brought an ill barn cat into my house. I set a cardboard box with litter inside a plastic tub. To my horror when I moved the cat back to the barn (after recuperation) the oak hardwood floor was almost black underneath. I have allowed it to air dry and after almost 2 months the floor is still a very dark brown. I can not tell if the area is getting smaller.

What if anything, can I do!

Joyce

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment