Cartoon Network

14 May 2013

Re: [DIY] Can I save this apple tree?

 

I googled for information. and saw a youtube on grafting for girdling.
Yesterday I removed a small branch from an established apple tree and did "surgery" on my two trees.

I am pretty sure the smaller younger tree can not be saved. It didnt even leaf out this spring and had cob webs stretched between the branches. Never a good thing.

It will be hit and miss to see if the older tree survives. It leafed out and blossomed.

I bought some poison at the nursery for voles and will be sprinkling that
around the trees.

Wishing me the best on this project.





Joyce aka Mom aka Nana aka snaffle



On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 6:59 AM, Bill Chmelik <Chmelik@earthlink.net> wrote:
 

If the tree is completely girdled, probably not, I would get some tree wrap
and wrap the remaining trees trunks in an effort to deter the rodents,
Ck



-----Original Message-----
From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of snafflesnshelties
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 8:21 PM
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DIY] Can I save this apple tree?

I had double fences around my apple trees so the rabbits couldnt eat the
bark, but I did not count on small rodents eating the bark!

Is there any hope of saving a 2 year old apple tree that has had the bark
gnawed off all the way around the base? There is a 5 inch bare spot ALL the
way around.

2 other trees have damage, one is severe too but it is in full leaf and has
blossoms. It is about 4 years old.

Joyce

------------------------------------


Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe
send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Yahoo! Groups
Links


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment