Cartoon Network

09 May 2013

Re: [DIY] Re: Rust

 

I like your using the car wax to protect your tools.  I did not think about the wd40 gumming up.  Guess I had better clean up my tools and then wax.  Thank you for saving me a lot of time later when they would be gummy.


On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM, radman <wolfdarrell@hotmail.com> wrote:
 

remove rust with the green pads then although wd40 will work, a good couple of coats of car wax is better. my tools are in the garage along with my table saw, i use the car wax on all and have no problems. the liquid wipe on/ wipe off kind is best.
wd40 leaves enough oil film that will attract and hold dust and after a a while you end up with a gummy mess.

dw



--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "greatyoga" <greatyoga@...> wrote:
>
> I have some carpenter squares in the garage that are rusty. What is the the best way to clean these so as not to take the numbers and markings off? What is the suggested way to keep them from being rusty?
>
> Thanks
> GB
>


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment