Cartoon Network

10 May 2013

Re: [DIY] Pegasus pop-up drain plug now disconnected and doesn't pop up

 

Thanks Aki and Ron for your responses. I've been away for a couple of days and just returned this afternoon. I unscrewed the pivot nut and looked at the end of the horizonal piece that fits into the pivot nut. What I see does not match the drawing. What I see is only a white plastic ball and a short piece of metal that sticks into the drain pipe. The drawing shows a thicker piece extending from that round ball. That short piece of metal that I have is probably not long enough to engage with the loop at the end of the pop-up stem so I'm guessing I'll need to replace that horizontal piece that fits into the pivot nut, right? I'll take it to the hardware store so I can try to match dimensions.

Joyce

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Ron Johnson <l0c0l0b0@...> wrote:
>
> OK. Thanks for the info that it's a normal pop-up. Usually, there is a small metal strip with two bends and a hole on either side. This is on the little rod in the back of the drain with the end of the rod running down from the faucet inside the clip. For clarity, see the exploded view at http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/infplumb/infpopup.html. Looking at the picture, it looks like they have the vertical piece on before the clip. This will work, but I was taught to put it in one side of the clip then the vertical piece then the other side of the clip. The other possible part of disconnection is the screw holding the two vertical rods together. If that came apart, there is a screw under the sink that needs to get back to it's place and tightened with a small wrench. Never tighten it too much or you'll break the pieces - especially if they are plastic - then you'll need to replace those parts. I hope this helps.
> To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
> From: joycekeay@...
> Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 23:44:53 +0000
> Subject: [DIY] Pegasus pop-up drain plug now disconnected and doesn't pop up
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi, I have Pegasus hardware on a bathroom sink. The pop-up drain plug has somehow become disconnected from the mechanism that allows it to pop up or down. Looking at the very bottom of the stem it looks as though there had been some sort of screw to connect it to the under-sink mechanism. Is there any way to get this thing reconnected so it works without calling in a plumber? I'm 70 and I do not believe this has *ever* happened to any other sink in the various places I have called home over the years. Right now I've got a large paper clip keeping the chrome part lifted a bit off the sink.
>
>
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
> Joyce
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment