Cartoon Network

06 October 2013

[DIY] hand drill / non-petroleum "old-time" grease...

 

I sure like human-powered tools. Found a hand drill at a flea market; looked like it had maybe never been greased/used, and appears to be pretty good quality. A little bit of rust here and there. The only markings I see on it are 28800 and a 2 on the next spoke. The gears are very sharp.

 

I had some extra virgin olive oil handy, so I dripped it into/onto every little oil hole and moving part. (I take every chance to avoid PETROLEUM)

 

Cranked it around, let it sit for a couple days. Now it'll be hard to turn, then easy to turn, in random places on the wheel. Once, I got it going pretty fast and smooth, but after it stopped, it's back to the mostly-stiffness. I loosened up the handle screw enough that the big wheel wobbles.

 

I don't get it. Maybe it's *not* good quality.

 

???

 

Joy

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment