Cartoon Network

04 October 2013

[DIY] Reputation of Home Depot Services for roofing in Massachusetts?

 

Hi, Back in 2007 my husband and I had the roof of our Cape Cod style house reshingled by Home Depot Home Services.  My husband passed away in Sept. 2009.  In November 2009 I filed a claim with Home Depot Services through GAF because there was a leak around the skylight.  It did not leak into the room only into the wall.  There was damage to the dry wall around the skylight.  The damage was hidden by a bookcase but I knew it was there.  Ordinarily I keep very good records but cannot find anything that documents whether or not the repair was made.  For the past week I've been trying to get information from Home Depot Services as to whether or not the repair was made.  I'm thinking that if it has not been made that I want to go to another roofer but GAF is saying that I should give Home Depot a chance to make it right or it void the whole warranty.  Sooooooo, my question is:  What experience have any of you had with Home Depot doing roofing jobs in SE Massachusetts.  My gut tells me I should not have Home Depot do the repair where they screwed up the original roofing job in the first place and just forget the warranty.  What do you think.  Don't ask me why I've let this slide all this time - I have no idea.  Probably "out of sight out of mind" has a lot to do with it.  Thanks.  Joyce

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment