Cartoon Network

16 October 2013

Re: [DIY] Ripping on a table saw

Thanks for the info Subprong.

Im glad you sent me that link, as I realize a chickenfoot came with my saw. I can see how that would be very unstable. I am surprised they wold sell it with the saw. Very surprising.

On Oct 15, 2013, at 12:51 PM, subprong <subprong@gmail.com> wrote:

 
On my table saw I prefer to have slim pieces on the open side of the blade (not on the fence side).  When possible it's safer to push the piece of material thru the saw via the piece between the blade and the fence and therefore the bigger the piece on that side the better and easier to do so imho. 

Either way either build or get yourself a push stick. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU-4p-X8AOg


On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 8:09 AM, Frank Ruggiero <frankruggiero@me.com> wrote:

Hi Table Saw experts.


A quick question regarding table saws. I will most likely need to rip some bamboo strips to become one half inch wide. Is it safe to have the piece that will be a half inch wide on the side of the blade that is opposite the fence? Or is it better to have that piece between the blade and the fence? I am trying to prevent any kickback and would like to know which is safer. Does this question make sense to you?


Thanks for your help.


Frank


No comments:

Post a Comment