Cartoon Network

10 October 2013

Re: [DIY] Floor boards

 

You like the carsiding and If you can rip the tongue off and glue it down, go for it. If you want new tongue and grove, a router table and a couple attachments could do that for you, or a shaper/planner with a couple attachments could do the tongue and groves for you. Just my two cents.

From: Joyce O <theoldhen@gmail.com>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 9, 2013 5:06 PM
Subject: [DIY] Floor boards
 
I was going to put carsiding down on my floors. Using the backside so there is no groove. I bought a boatload of it at Menards and where the boards meet, there is a groove. I can not find anyone to rework the edges of the boards and put new tongue n grooves in.  They all argue that pine is too soft and will scratch yadda yadda. I have seen several homes that have the back side of carsiding on their floors and it is beautiful. The scuffs add to the character.
I have just learned about a new fad going across America where people are buying 3/8 plywood and having the sheets cut into strips. One woman showed me pictures of her floor and the plywood was cut into 8 inch strips. It was glued down, and using a nail gun, each piece was also nailed down.
This method gives a primitive or country look. That is what I want in our old farmhouse!!
She said they did not purchase the cheapest grade but bought the next one up. It is solid and hard. Does not seem to scratch or mar.
Can someone explain the different grades of plywood to me please?
Is the plywood going to be much stronger than the carsiding I have stored in my  building? It would be pretty easy for me to rip off the tongue n groove edges on the carsiding and put that down.
Thanks for your input.
Joyce aka Mom aka Nana aka snaffle

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment