Cartoon Network

30 October 2013

[DIY] Washer hose leaking

 

Hi all.  The washing machine hose has sprung a leak in the rubber part.  The hot water line runs to a hose bib, then connects to this hose and then the hose connects to the inlet on the washer.

I tried to turn off the spigot to cut the water off to stop the leak.  It did not turn.  I tried a little extra oomph with a wrench and the spigot turn wheel broke right off.

I know the correct thing to do would be to replace the whole spigot along with the hose. ...but if for now I replace the hose without replacing the spigot, do you foresee any problems?

Hose replacement.  Do I need to add teflon tape or putty to the spigot as well as the washer inlet connection.  If so, what kind for hot water?  I think I have the tape with yellow case.  Should I look for a specific type of durable hose?  This will be for hot water and the washing machine is not in a control temp environment.

Spigot replacement.  Should I replace that, do I need to use any special tape or putty on that?  I'm a little weary on replacing it.  If the turn wheel was seized up then I wonder if the whole bib will be.

Thanks for any help.

 

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment