Cartoon Network

21 October 2013

Re: [DIY] Canning info?

 

My wife has canned for years and now mostly only cans fruit and helps our daughter can tomatoes and make salsa.  The great advantage in canning your own is that you can flavor to suit yourself, for example, the wife is a diabetic and cans fruit with no sugar or syrup so that they taste like they were just picked off the tree.  Some things you are able to can with a hot water bath and others must be pressure cooker canned.  Your elevation has a lot to do with your canning requirements and if you live in or near the mountains you will definitely need to invest in a pressure caner but these are not terribly expensive and with proper care will last a lifetime.  The BALL Blue Book will tell you about everything you will need to know.


Dale in the Flatlands. "Why waste time learning when ignorance is instantaneous."
Mike Shoaf wrote:
 
may want to check out Ball Canning's website, they seem to know what they are doing


On Monday, October 21, 2013 5:07 AM, "cutipi_ddiesel@yahoo.com" <cutipi_ddiesel@yahoo.com> wrote:
 
 I am interested in learning how to can.  I have -0- supplies or anything.  I'm a complete novice.  I just know that I'm healthier eating the veggies that I grow as opposed to the store bought ones.  Does anyone have pointers on what equipment I need to buy and reliable resources that I can use to learn to can? I didn't want to just hit youtube because I know that canning is serious business.  



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment