Cartoon Network

12 August 2014

[DIY] Pipe repair

 

I found a hole in a galvanized "T" in the trailer we just bought.  Normally this wouldn't be a problem - I'd just remove two pipes and unscrew the "T", then replace it.  However, this is located next to a stud where on of the pipes go though.  I cannot access the rest of that line and can only access about a foot of the other lines.  I do not want to use a compression fitting as I may have to get to it later and the only way would be to cut open the kitchen floor.  Again.
 
Since this was caused by a cut, instead of rusting through, I was thinking of "J B Weld" or a product Lowe's sells where you soak a cloth in water for 20 seconds and wrap up the pipe, which wouldn't be easy, either, since it's next to the stud.  Has anyone had success in repairing a galvanized pipe with either of these? 
 
I've called a few welders who are reluctant to come out for a small job like this.  After all, it would just be a few beads of weld.
 
Any advice would be appreciated.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Ron Johnson <l0c0l0b0@hotmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment