Cartoon Network

22 August 2014

Re: [DIY] Garage Floor Epoxy Paints

 

I had my garage done and I emphasize that I paid someone to do it.  They spent three days. First day heavy sanding, acid cleaning, and power washing, then dry 24 hours. Second day was putting down the color paint and dry 24 hours. The last day was putting down a clear coat that was made of a two part epoxy and sprinkle little colored flakes on the clear coat to create a granite-like appearance.

It is holding up well. I believe the contractor used materials available commercially. They did not use the stuff at Home Depot. I will see if I can find out what they used.

It is a lot of hard work to do this properly, and I would gladly pay to have it done again. 

On Aug 20, 2014, at 12:16 PM, "ddj0195@yahoo.com [DoIt_Yourself]" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

We think we want to paint our garage floor with those lovely epoxy paints.  BUT, we've seen some negative reviews on a few online forums.  Has anyone in this group painted their own garage floor and what did you think of the product used?  Was it complicated?  Did it work as well as expected?  Did it wear well?

thanks, DJ

__._,_.___

Posted by: Bob Davis <bob@wrobertdavis.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Yahoo Groups
Did you know?
Learn about editing tables within Groups

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment