Cartoon Network

21 August 2014

Re: [DIY] Garage Floor Epoxy Paints

 

I did about 6 years ago.  It's *definitely* in need of a re-do.I honestly don't remember the brand name but I'm pretty sure I bought it from Home Depot.

Prep work is *critical*.  The floor has to be absolutely spotless.  Use an etching agent as well.  Any paint needs to be sanded or power washed
off.

Pick a weekend that the weather guarantees no rain and as low as humidity as you can get.  We did ours in the fall and it worked out well.

I like the look (it's a darker beige-y color) but one thing that no matter whom I'm spoken to that's done this (as well as myself) has encountered
is that tires will wear off the coating down to the concrete.  For us, it took about two years but the hotter the tire, the more likely it will pull
the paint right off.  I don't think it's avoidable.  Maybe it's just the brand I used but I'm open to suggestions from anyone who may have recommendations on a particular long lasting brand.  I don't think you'll find a good one in a big box store IMHO.

-aki





On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 1:16 PM, ddj0195@yahoo.com [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

We think we want to paint our garage floor with those lovely epoxy paints.  BUT, we've seen some negative reviews on a few online forums.  Has anyone in this group painted their own garage floor and what did you think of the product used?  Was it complicated?  Did it work as well as expected?  Did it wear well?

thanks, DJ


__._,_.___

Posted by: Aki <01dyna@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment