Cartoon Network

11 December 2015

Re: [DIY] Laundry room walls [1 Attachment]

 
[Attachment(s) from oakridgefarm@gmail.com included below]

What a great project Ray!  Never personally had a dome home but have investigated them.  The owners of our last home in CA purchased a dome home that was being finished a few miles away and was interesting to watch.  Our church also built a dome, rather than the traditional church facility.  Was quite expensive but fun to watch come together.  We have worked a lot with papercrete and know people who've done small dome structure with that but nothing on the scale you have.  I'm in the process of putting together a web site for our Barn Home, people have asked if we're keeping a journal and now I wished I had right from the first time I saw it.


I will probably try some of the canned foam, simply because I have a small area to play with and I already have the foam from another project.  I've asked for a couple of estimates locally but we're not having the entire thing done at once so will probably go the DIY way which whatever company we decide on.  I was commenting on how much work it was going to be to seal it all, apply insecticide etc and use the steel wool stuff to keep rodents outs when I was told about this foam.  You don't have to do any of the prep work and mice can't chew through it.  Great incentive. Part of our problem is we've not yet decided how we want to finish all the walls.  Upstairs is sheetrock with tongue and groove ceilings.  Downstairs the finished walls are tongue and groove.  It's still so new we've not had time to really spend working through things.  Back to your website :)



On Dec 10, 2015, at 7:06 PM, ray dataman@daeo.net [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

No I haven't used it but am considering it for some patching I need to
do on my house.  It's covered in this closed cell foam.  Thought that
this sises they offer might be better than the little cans the author
was talking about.
If it sounds weird that I have a house covered in foam check it out at
www.mountainviewdome.com
Ray

__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from oakridgefarm@gmail.com | View attachments on the web

1 of 1 File(s)


Posted by: "oakridgefarm@gmail.com" <oakridgefarm@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

Check out the automatic photo album with 1 photo(s) from this topic.
IMG_4244.JPG

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment