Cartoon Network

31 December 2015

Re: [DIY] Re: Cheapo Pine Doors

 

Pumps I did like you suggested, folding the sandpaper... I went against the grain until the rough edges were gone and then 'scooped' with the sandpaper with the grain. It worked!!

I sanded the entire door, sealed it With a Varathane product and then stained it with Min Wax Early American.

I have some very dark areas and this has often happened on the other menard's cheapo pine unfinished doors. Not all of them. I usually seal pine with laundry softener like the amish do. Used a store bought sealer this time thinking maybe the laundry softner was not uniform. Actually when using laundry softner on pine 1x4's and 1x6's the color uniformity is beautiful. It is only these blasted doors from Menards that I have a problem with. lol

Is it something I did or did not do? I will attach a photo. 





Joyce aka Mom aka Nana


On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 1:29 PM, pumps2fix@yahoo.com [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I would "fold" the piece of sandpaper and use the "edge" for sanding
the groves......Pumps


__._,_.___

Posted by: Joyce O <theoldhen@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment